We receive regular requests for ways Sparrow Studio friends can get more involved. Thank you! The mere request is a great encouragement to us and keeps us moving forward. Here are some practical ways to partner with us to support the women who are More than Sparrows.
1) Pray for us! Everyday, we are doing something new, both in Colorado and in Rwanda. We covet your prayers for wisdom, creativity, flexibility, health in the co-op, robust sales, energy for the team in Africa diligently doing the hard work of teaching, listening, organizing, hoping, believing, translating. Rwanda in general, and these women specifically, all have some dark pasts to overcome, and the physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges are real and sometimes overwhelming.
2) Tell your friends! We would rather spend our budget on co-op development than marketing, and sharing us with your friends gives us great encouragement.
3) Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheSparrowStudioDenver
4) Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thesparrowstudio/
4) Invite us to your home or your shopping event to share our story and our creations with your circle. When you host an event you earn free treats from The Sparrow Studio!
5) Shop this website! We are here because of your first enthusiastic purchases, and we want to keep celebrating life with you. Every single sale counts! The majority of our profits return to the co-op in Rwanda in the form of new orders for next season.
6) Join in our 4th anniversary celebration by buying a chicken and a bag of rice! If 35 people donate $10 each, we can buy every woman a live chicken and a bag of rice (one luxury and one essential).
7) Donate brightly colored embroidery thread, large-eye embroidery needles, and flexible beading needles. These are simple gifts that always very popular!
8) Give to our general fund. This fund goes toward a variety of needs at the More Than Sparrows co-op in Rwanda. We use it to cover supplies for business classes, literacy classes, emergency healthcare, and fun supplies like sewing machine thread and custom paint colors. We are also dreaming and saving money for a counselor and a health educator to visit on an as-needed basis. It is a complicated matter to extricate oneself from a past of genocide and exploitation.
9) If you are anywhere in the US, you can host a Pop Up Shop, where you select your favorite products for your area, buy them at a sweet discount, and you keep the profits. It can be a great way to supplement your gift budget with a little extra cash and to get a bargain on your own personal gift shopping.
10). We also have wholesale accounts and would love to team up with a few more retail partners this season!
Thank you for partnering with The Sparrow Studio!